- Arrive 60 minutes prior to your procedure
- Wear comfortable, loose, button-down clothing
- Don't wear make-up or lotions
- Bring any regular medications that you take so that our Anesthesiologist can see exactly what you are taking in case you haven't already provided a written list
- Don't wear jewelry (including body-piercings)
- Please leave valuables at home (or with family)
- Bring ID and insurance information
- Have family-member or responsible adult on site or available via cell phone to assist you after surgery
- Make arrangements for transportation after your procedure (It is not recommended that you drive for 24 hours after anesthesia.)
Right before your Surgery
Please remember to arrive at the surgery center 60 MINUTES BEFORE your scheduled procedure. This will allow us enough time to complete the front desk admission process and answer any questions you or your family may have about today’s procedure.
During check-in a written disclosure of anticipated facility fees will be provided. After check-in, a registered nurse will accompany you to the pre-operative holding area. The Nurse will ensure that necessary preparations are made including inserting an I.V. (intravenous access) and administering antibiotics (if ordered).
Your anesthesiologist will then interview you, explain the plan for your anesthesia and answer any questions you may have. At that time, you will be required to sign a "Consent for Anesthesia" form.
Before leaving the pre-op area, your surgeon will meet you and answer any remaining questions.
Our goal is always to minimize your waiting time in the pre-operative area and to start your procedure on time. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can make you most comfortable during this process. Thank you for your patience and participation.